Monday, February 9, 2009

Here’s to New Friends

As I’ve said before, I have gotten into blogging thanks to the one I follow regularly, Rex Parker Does the NY Times Crossword Puzzle. This past weekend, some of the regular posters to the blog met in Westport CT for a CWP competition.

Since I didn’t have the courage to compete, I didn’t go. But one of the bloggers was kind enough to forward some pictures of the group to me (shout out to chefbea). Rex was a little slow in posting the pictures, as he wanted some commentary on them before he put them up on his blog. I offered to put them up here, but by the time I got them, Rex had posted them.

I’ve decided to post them anyway, so that those involved in the blog will have a place to come to comment their hearts out without breaking Rex’ rules. So without further adieu, I present the Westport 5:

CIMG1918 CIMG1932
NYT Puzzle Editor Will Shortz Beet salad at the restaurant
CIMG1920

Rexites at Mac's house. From left to right : Ulrich, Mac, Karen,
IMSDave, and chefbea in front wearing t-shirt featuring puzzle by IMSDave

CIMG1922 CIMG1934
Beet brownies (a la chefbea)
chefbea enjoying the beet salad

Looks like a splendid time was had by all; wished I was there.

allan

jai guru deva

2 comments:

  1. Allen-

    Nice to see another outlet for chefbeas pictures without a lot of rules.

    I notice you are 64 (I am 61) and we look a lot like those people in the pictures, whatta you think?

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt. I've been meaning to ask you if you live any place close to Manalapan, which is adjacent to Freehold in case you are not?

    ReplyDelete