Friday, January 9, 2009

Let's get started with this rant.

Is there anybody out there? I hate to think that I'm the only one reading this. A little background on why I started this blog.

As those of you who know me know, I am a devoted NYT puzzle doer. I've gotten hooked on the Rex Parker blog, and have even commented there. In writing my first comment, I discovered that I could start my own blog. So I decided to give it a whirl. I had a tremendous amount of trouble because I wanted the blog to appear on this site (my own site). I could not get the links right, and nothing was appearing.

I finally gave in, and called Joshua (my son for those who don't know this). In about 10 minutes, he had me up and running.

Now yesterday, I had a lot to say. But unfortunately that is all old hat. Maybe at a later date I'll get back to it.

Oh, OK. I'll get into it now. Yesterday's puzzle had an answer of "DEVILLE". In reading the posts on the RP blog, someone named Puzzlegirl posted that for some reason, that answer was pushing a song into her head, but she couldn't quite grasp the title.

Well, I immediately thought of the group, Mink Deville. So I googled them, to see if there was an appropriate song of theirs. I wound up on youtube, and listened to some of their music.

Now I was never into the group, so I was very pleased to discover that they were quite good.




Hope you enjoy,

allan

4 comments:

  1. not 2 minutes ago, there was a pic of the real you. in the [no] time it took me to subscribe to your atom feed, it changed to the cool guy that's there now. i like it. but you're cool too... i occasionally check out the RP blog, but only when i want to check an answer. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I've changed the entire look of the blog. It was just too hard to read. And that cool dude is the Silver Surfer, one of my favorite Marvel Comics characters. Just thought he goes better with the blog title, since he surfs the universe (literally).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The world is listening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right. We are the world/

    ReplyDelete