Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Promising Weekend

This weekend is the best weekend of football of the entire season (college or pro). That's because it is do or die for the remaining teams, and all the riffraff is gone. Well Arizona is still around, but not for long. I think that any of the other 7 teams could win this years Superbowl.

Here are my picks (against the spread):
  • Baltimore +3 over Tennessee
  • Carolina -10 over Arizona
  • NY -41/2 over Philadelphia
  • Pittsburgh -61/2 over San Diego
Honestly, I am not confident about any of the above. If I was writing another blog, I would probably go the other way on all of them. However, I do feel confident that Baltimore will beat Tennessee, Carolina will beat Arizona, the Giants will beat Philly and Pittsburgh will beat SD. Those are not against the spread, just who I think will win.

The only game where weather will be a factor is the Pittsburgh game. SD doesn't play well in cold weather which is reminiscent of Tampa Bay a few years back.

Speaking of cold weather, take heart. Pitchers and catchers are only a few weeks away! Meanwhile, enjoy the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment