Friday, January 16, 2009

A Practical Joke Gone Unnoticed

Jayne and I recently returned from Arizona, where we spent 10 days celebrating Aly's graduation from ASU. We stayed at Jayne's sister and brother-in-law, and had a wonderful time. It is very hard being a house guest for so long, and I hope we were satisfactory visitors. Upon our return home, I discovered that I had left my heavy winter jacket, the one I wore on the flight down there, at Debbie and Scott's house. I asked Scott if he would mind shipping it back since it is pretty cold up here. He graciously sent it, and I received the package on Tuesday. I wore the jacket when I went out Wednesday evening with a friend to see Gran Torino, and being that it was pretty cold, I wore the gloves that were in my jacket pocket. When I took them out of my pocket I found a rubber band wrapped around them. I couldn't remember putting it there. and just figured that for some reason Scott felt that the gloves would travel safer if wrapped with a rubber band. I removed the band and tossed it on the passenger's seat. When I got home, Jayne asked if I had found something in my jacket pocket, and I said that I hadn't, other than my gloves. She told me that Debbie and Scott told her that they had put a gag in my pocket. I finally convinced Jayne that there had been nothing in the pocket. In speaking with Debbie late Wednesday, Jayne told her that there was nothing in my pocket other than my gloves. Debbie told Jayne that the gag was that using the rubber band they had folded the gloves so that just the middle finger was sticking up. I guess that in shoving the jacket into the box, they disrupted their little joke, and I never saw it. I'm sure that I would have laughed if I had. So in keeping with the good humor, I have recreated the way the gloves were placed in my pocket, and included it with this post for all to see. Hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Allan-

    I just saw your comment on my blog and whatyaknow - your blog sparked a memory.

    I am a 1969 graduate of Arizona State University myself and it is fun to see another grad from my alma mater.

    It's also nice to see that we are not just talking to ourselves here.

    I see you had something of a hard time over on Rex's blog today but I see you handled yourself quite well and turned some of the negativity around - Finkink comes to mind - and I don't think you will have any further trouble.

    I'm glad Rex himself didn't chime in. He can be vicious at times.

    Stick around, you'll see. He and Evil Doug have had some go-rounds in the past.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete